FWF News Articles
Looking for FWF's Latest News? You can find it here
FWF PRESENTS AWARDS TO OUTSTANDING CONSERVATIONISTS
FLORIDA WILDLIFE FEDERATION PRESENTS AWARDS TO OUTSTANDING CONSERVATIONISTS IN HOWEY-IN-THE-HILLS ON JUNE 22, 2019
At the Florida Wildlife Federation’s Annual Conservation Awards Banquet held June 22, 2019, at the Mission Inn Resort and Spa, seven outstanding Florida conservationists were recognized for their conservation achievements. The Federation’s annual selection of conservation award winners is one of the oldest in the state. Award winners are chosen from nominations made to the Federation’s Board of Directors based on a nominee’s accomplishments on behalf of Florida’s fish, wildlife and natural resources.
The following individuals and groups received wildlife statuette awards to commemorate the occasion:
• Water Conservationist of the Year: Captains for Clean Water, Ft. Myers
• Volunteers of the Year: Claude and April Ward, Hudson
• Land Conservationists of the Year: Sam and Betty Shine, New Albany, Indiana
• Forest Stewards of the Year: Ben and Louann Williams, St. Johns
• Environmental Educator of the Year: Jim Schortemeyer, Naples
• Conservation Organization of the Year: Alachua Conservation Trust, Gainesville
• Hall of Fame: Franklin Adams, Naples
The Florida Wildlife Federation, a statewide non-profit organization founded in 1936, is dedicated to protecting Florida’s fish and wildlife resources. The organization also promotes public appreciation of the environment through sustainable outdoor recreation.